Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day - Chocolate Chip Raspberry Muffins


I thought I should make something pink and chocolatey for Valentine's Day, so after looking over a couple of recipes, I decided on these chocolate chip raspberry muffins. I made them last night using this recipe from Taste of Home for the basic muffin, then loaded them up with frozen raspberries and mini chocolate chips. They were the perfect sweet treat for today, and went over well among my friends and family.

Chocolate Chip Raspberry Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup frozen raspberries

1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix egg, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients.
3. Fold in frozen raspberries and chocolate chips.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment